It’s no secret that there are some serious food healing stories out in the world, specific ingredients that can truly do some amazing things for your body, inside and out. I’ve been told by quite a few people that drinking warm water with lemon in it first things in the morning is one of the better things you can do in a day. It starts your body, gets your metabolism moving, helps with digestion, immune system, pH levels, skin and weight loss. Basically it’s good for you and I’m a firm believer in doing this everyday.
I found this recipe on The Harvest Kitchen and was very intrigued as Deborah adds tumeric to her tea. Tumeric is also a great ingredient that has anti-inflammatory properties and lots of overall health benefits. With this recipe you make 2 servings ahead of time (30 mins of brew time) and pop in a mason jar in the fridge. You can heat it up or drink it room temp but I’m excited to make this version tonight and try out tomorrow!
LEMON GINGER MORNING DETOX DRINK
yield: 2 servings
total time: 35 minutes
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 organic lemon cut into slices (I like the taste of Meyer lemons best)
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Turm the heat off and add the lemon, ginger and turmeric.
- Let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain and drink at room temperature or reheat (but don’t bring to a boil).
– The Reportery